A MAN has had a 6-inch hand-held shower head removed from his bum after he “accidentally slipped” in the bathroom. The 26-year-old, from India, had to detach the PVC pipe connecting the shower head to the wall to get to hospital.
The man denied he had put the shower head there himself.
His vitals were stable and there was no evidence of blood in his rectum. Scans revealed the shower head was six inches deep into the man’s pelvis but had not caused any internal damage.
The man was put under general anesthesia while doctors removed the object.
No serious damage had been caused and the man was allowed home 48 hours later.
It is not the first time a foreign object has had to be removed from a rectum.
In fact, it’s surprisingly common.
“A large variety of objects have been reported, including bottles, cans, glass bulbs, stones, small rods, fruits and vegetables, vibrators, dildos, and toys,” Doctor said.